The next Speechcraft course at Ashfield Toastmasters Club begins on October 13, 2016.
Speechcraft is a structured training program over 5 sessions that are delivered within the regular Toastmasters meetings. The following topics will be covered.
- Selecting A Speech Topic (13 October).
- Organise Your Speech (13 October).
- Controlling Your Fear (27 October).
- Using Body Language (27 October).
- Impromptu Speaking (10 November).
- Evaluate To Motivate (10 November).
- Mentoring (24 November).
- Toastmasters Education Program (24 November).
- Going Beyond Our Club (8 December).
- Graduation Update (8 December).
During the meetings you will interact with other Toastmasters, take part in impromptu speaking (‘Table Topics’), be provided constructive feedback through Evaluations, and be assisted to develop and deliver 3 prepared speeches.
As the Speechcraft Registration fee includes an annual membership to the Club, at the conclusion of the course you’ll have the opportunity to continue attending Club meetings as a regular member, to further develop your new skills.
The combination of theory and practice over an extended period makes the Toastmasters Speechcraft course one of the most effective mechanisms to develop your public-speaking skills.
Although you are likely to be nervous about speaking to a room full of strangers, the Club environment is fun, friendly, and supportive. It won’t be long before you feel comfortable with our group!
You can register to take part in the next Speechcraft course at Ashfield Toastmasters by downloading the forms below. Feel free to contact Christine or Kerry using the details on the Contact Us page.